These monstrously delicious muffins are the result!
Yield: 18 muffins
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/4 cup hazelnut meal (or almond meal/flour)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 T flax meal
- 1 T flax seeds
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave or honey (optional)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 dark chocolate bar (I prefer Green & Black's 85%), chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or line muffin trays.
- In a large bowl, mix the meals/flours, flax seeds, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In a second bowl, mix the eggs, oil, and sweetner, if using.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until all the flour is moistened. The mixture will be thick and a bit crumbly.
- Add the nuts, berries, and chocolate, if using. Stir gently until the extras are mixed in but being careful not to smash the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups with batter (all the way as this mixture doesn't rise much).
- Bake for 25 minutes.