- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat, cubed
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 to 1 T cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) El Pato enchilada sauce
- Add 1/2 T coconut oil and meat to the slow cooker.
- Cover with slices of bacon and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Cook meat on low for 4-6 hours, or until meat is cooked through and tender.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and fry until frangrant.
- Add onion and fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add enchilada sauce and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in contents of slow cooker, including the liquid. Cook 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over roasted or stir-fried vegetables.