- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T dried Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 8 ounces ground pork
- salt and pepper
- 10 cups homemade chicken stock or paleo-friendly chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned and cut into tiny pieces*
- 1/2 cup zucchini, julienned and cut into tiny pieces*
*I use a mandolin slicer to julienne the veggies into thin matchsticks.
- In a large bowl, mix the meatball ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to scoop the meat mixture and roll into small 1-inch balls. Set the meatballs aside.
- Pour stock/broth into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the meatballs, one at a time, and simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and pour very slowly into the soup.
- Reduce heat and add the spinach. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the carrot and zucchini and serve immediately.