Two moms. Five daughters. Opposite ends of the globe.




Two moms. Five daughters. A friendship that spans opposite ends of the globe.



We have been best friends for ages with a shared love for good food. A desire of good health for ourselves and our families have lead us to exploring the paleo lifestyle together. Enjoy our adventure!



Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bacon-Veg Brekkie

I am always on the lookout for quick and easy breakfast dishes. I've never been a big fan of sweet breakfasts. I've never found eggs very filling. And so I had a habit of starting my day with hot grains. Since dropping grains from my diet, breakfast is my "challenge meal". I have plenty of inspiration for lunch and dinner meals, but I find my creativity pretty lacking at 5:00 AM. A typical weekday breakfast is fruit and nut butter, smoothie, or leftovers; something I can grab on my way out the door. On the weekends, I like to relax and share a hot breakfast with the family. This dish began as simply fried tomatoes and asparagus and has now evolved into this breakfast hit that everyone in my family loves.




Serves 4

Ingredients:

  • 8 slices bacon, chopped (we prefer peppered bacon)
  • 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
  • 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes
  • salt and pepper, to season


Directions:

  1. Fry up bacon until nearly cooked.
  2. Add veggies and continue frying until desired tenderness is reached.
  3. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving these recipes!! Breakfast is our huge challenge meal, as well. An egg, butternut squash, and kale scramble has become our staple, but sweet potato hash browns is the hands down favorite... if I can ever get up early enough in the morning to make them. You become a slave to the stove. (SP's aren't allowed though on the Paleo diet, right?) We also like pumpkin pancakes. Literally just pumpkin and egg fried up in patties. (Whip the white separately until they form peaks and then fold in). Delicate little suckers, but good. You can do it with just egg and banana, too. They hold up really well. You might already have all these recipes... loving what I'm reading so far!!

    Leslie =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet potatoes are okay! I'm working on a mixed hash recipe, inspired by something I tasted at our local breakfast hot spot a couple weeks ago. Thanks for sharing your breakfast favorites... winter's coming and I need to stock up on some warm, filling breakfast ideas.

    ReplyDelete