Serves 4 (unless I don't feel like sharing)
- 1-2 bananas, cut into 5 or 6 pieces each and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (optional)
- 1-2 cups fresh fruit
- 1-2 cups unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/3 cup almond butter (optional, for protein)
- flax seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chopped nuts (optional)
- Add frozen bananas to the blender then top with fresh fruit and almond butter, if using.
- Add milk until it nearly covers the fruit. This makes a thick, but drinkable consistency. Use less for a thicker, ice cream like dessert.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups. Top with seeds and nuts, if using. Drink immediately!