And for the record... if you hear my girls talking about eating "Chocolate Ice Cream" for breakfast, please don't go calling children's services on me! I love giving them the royal treatment first thing in the morning with this healthy dish!
- 2-3 bananas, cut into 5 or 6 pieces each and frozen
- 1-2 cups unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2-3 T cocoa powder (I prefer Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa)
- Add frozen bananas to the blender then top with almond butter and cocoa powder.
- Add milk until it nearly covers the fruit. This makes a thick, but drinkable consistency. Use less for a thicker, ice cream like dessert.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups. Drink immediately!