Two moms. Five daughters. Opposite ends of the globe.




Two moms. Five daughters. A friendship that spans opposite ends of the globe.



We have been best friends for ages with a shared love for good food. A desire of good health for ourselves and our families have lead us to exploring the paleo lifestyle together. Enjoy our adventure!



Saturday, September 10, 2011

PB (Paleo-Butter) Cup Smoothie

"Two great tastes that taste great together"... Reese's Peanut Butter Cup is considered the finest creation by H.B. Reese, a former employee of Hershey's who branched out to start his own confection company. I have to agree. I'm not a huge fan of candy, but in my pre-paleo days, this is one sweet treat that would tempt me to indulge in crappy check-out stand candy. But... just because I'm not eating sugar (or peanuts) these days, doesn't mean I don't still crave those flavors. This smoothie is my answer to that craving. And my ultimate fallback "dessert" whenever my kids talk their dad into bringing some non-paleo treat into the house!

And for the record... if you  hear my girls talking about eating "Chocolate Ice Cream" for breakfast, please don't go calling children's services on me! I love giving them the royal treatment first thing in the morning with this healthy dish!





Serves 3-4

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 bananas, cut into 5 or 6 pieces each and frozen
  • 1-2 cups unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk 
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 2-3 T cocoa powder (I prefer Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa)

Directions:
  1. Add frozen bananas to the blender then top with almond butter and cocoa powder.
  2. Add milk until it nearly covers the fruit. This makes a thick, but drinkable consistency. Use less for a thicker, ice cream like dessert.
  3. Blend until smooth.
  4. Pour into cups. Drink immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment