- 1 T coconut oil
- 4 oxtail pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 turnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- salt, pepper, and cayenne (for a little kick)
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the oxtails on all sides. Place them in the slow cooker.
- Season the oxtails with salt and pepper, and cayenne, if using.
- Fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Add vegetables to the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Add just enough beef broth so you can easily scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour beef broth into the slow cooker.
- Add vegetable mixture to the slow cooker. Do not stir.
- Top the slow cooked contents with chopped bacon.
- Secure the lid and cook for 4-5 hours on High.