Pork Vindaloo Ingredients:
- 3 T coconut oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 3 T grainy mustard
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric (or curry powder)
- 1/2 to 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds pork, cubed
- 1 can coconut milk
Pork Vindaloo Directions:
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add whole garlic cloves and fry until lightly browned. (If not using a pressure cooker, I crush the garlic).
- Add onions and fry until lightly browned, stirring as needed.
- Make a paste by mixing the mustard, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, and vinegar. Stir in to the onions and garlic and mix well.
- Stir in the meat and coconut milk.
- Cover and bring to high pressure in the cooker. Reduce heat and cook with pressure for 20 minutes. If using a normal stovepot pan, simmer until the meat is cooked through, approximately 60 minutes.
- Serve immediately over Cauliflower Rice or raw chopped veggies.
Cauliflower Rice: There are many ways to prepare Cauliflower Rice and this is my favorite. Finely chop or grate one head of raw cauliflower. Spread thinly on a cookie sheet then drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until browned. Stir halfway through to brown the cauliflower more evenly. Serve immediately or it tends to get a bit soft.