Two moms. Five daughters. Opposite ends of the globe.




Two moms. Five daughters. A friendship that spans opposite ends of the globe.



We have been best friends for ages with a shared love for good food. A desire of good health for ourselves and our families have lead us to exploring the paleo lifestyle together. Enjoy our adventure!



Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sassy Green Devils


This recipe is one you've seen all over, just search "paleo" + "deviled eggs." Yes, you can make regular deviled eggs paleo if you make your own mayo, but I had neither the time or the equipment. I also have made these before and think I actually prefer them to the old version. There are many, many versions of this recipe all over the internet, but I'm giving credit to and linking to this site because Jessica called them green devils, which I just like... and I love her recipe exactly as is. BUT, I also like more of a kick, so I added lime juice the second time I made them, and then a chopped up jalapeno the third... I think I now have the best possible combination....and they are fantastic! Enjoy!

Sassy Green Devils
  • 6 hard boiled eggs
  • 1 avocado
  • handful cilantro, chopped
  • juice of one lime
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • S&P
Cut eggs in half, remove yolks, set whites aside. Take the yolks and smush them up with the remaining ingredients. Scoop the filling back into the egg white halves. You can garnish with paprika or cayenne if you like...but while a regular deviled egg really needs the sprinkle of red to spruce it up, the little green guys are fine on their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment