Two moms. Five daughters. Opposite ends of the globe.




Two moms. Five daughters. A friendship that spans opposite ends of the globe.



We have been best friends for ages with a shared love for good food. A desire of good health for ourselves and our families have lead us to exploring the paleo lifestyle together. Enjoy our adventure!



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What to cook for picky kids - Hamburger cut-outs



Usually I hate cooking multiple meals for the family and avoid it as much as I can, but the reality is: DH and I love spicy food but the kiddos are 5 (picky,) 5 (picky,) and 7 (picky) and tend to want meals a little more simple. Luckily, they have taken to the standard veggie plate that starts almost every meal, and tonight's cooking lended itself to "spicy for us" and "simple for them" quite easily. For us? A rockin' penang curry made with ground grass-fed beef and whatever veggies I could find. I keep lime leaves in the freezer so I always have those on hand... See Angie's fabulous post for thai curry basics!
After I grabbed the ground beef I needed for the curry, I put the rest in a large zip-lock bag and pressed it flat (around 1/2 inch thick or less) and popped it in the freezer. By the time the curry was simmering away, the rest of the ground beef was firm, the veggies were almost gone, and I grabbed cookie-cutters and cut out some hearts and initials for the girls.
Difficult? No! Recipe needed? No! But if any of you have picky kids like I do, or are worried about what to feed them, sometimes all it takes is a little creativity. Besides, you need to find a use for all the cookie cutters, ice-cream scoops, and cupcake tins that you really don't need anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment